Tuesday 8 September 2009

A small step for man...

If it hadn't been 11am, I would have raised a glass to the email I received from Iva: 'MLWD set arrived Harstad!!'
We are still on a break, and aren't travelling until Sunday, but our set has already reached its destination in the very north of Norway. I hope it's having a good time there.
If you knew what it has taken for us to get it there, you'd raise a glass with me. I still don't like our set travelling as an unaccompanied minor, I think it's much better for everyone's nerves when it's in the van with me. But sometimes the benefit to travel time are greater than the benefit to nerves, and then I just have to let it go.


This is it. And until it comes back from Norway and arrives in the UK on time for our UK touring, I will be slightly nervous. Over-protective? Maybe. But after the China adventure I think I am entitled to be.

So from now on the set has a passport. Like all of us. And it will probably get more stamps than any of us. And unlike our passports, it has details of all the places it will go in the next 12 months.

No comments: