Wednesday 2 September 2009

We've gone. It's over. Finished. Done.

It's over. The bubble has burst.
I had two fantastic last shows on Monday.
First Sue came to see NIE (and missed Alex' Sue reference in the show). Liz made me laugh at the top of the show. She was snoring louder than ever. I could see Alex laugh as well, and I could almost see him think if she really needed the megaphone for the snoring.
Afterwards I showed Sue my drumkit and pointed out all the details: the coins and then nuts and the volume knob of the base in the tray that lies on top of the fan shell, the Hulk sticker on my blue bin, the Scooby Doo 'snare drum'. Sue was very impressed.

Afterwards NIE came to see Sue, all wearing Sue wigs. During the show I spotted 4 people in the middle of the audience wearing Sue wigs made out of newspapers. It was amazing. Afterwards I found out they were our friends from Unpacked.

After the show we did a photoshoot of all the Sues. The entire Pleasance Two crew was also wearing Sue wigs, which I found very confusing during the get-in.
There are a lot of photographs, but I don't have any. When Liz, Dave or Elena send me some, I will post them here.

We went for some final drinks and goodbyes to Brookes Bar. Tom had a splitting headache and didn't look very well. Until he left and spotted Linda Marlowe on the way out. He suddenly regained the spring in his step and rushed over to me to point her out. So I've started and finished the festival with Linda Marlowe.
Well done me.

Yesterday was not such a good day. First of all there was a slight hickup trying to print my Ryanair boarding pass (if you don't, they charge you a lot of money), then I couldn't start the van because the battery was dead. An incredibly nice man tried to help us.
In the end it was the startgas that helped us on our way.

I'm glad it's over. I've had a lot of fun, but during this last week I couldn't shake the feeling that someone has put a fifth week inside the festival and didn't tell anyone about it. So now it's finally time the rest.

I think I can speak for all of NIE when I say we will miss the Sues. What I will miss most is Hannah's Sue jokes. If you find her in a forest in Wales, ask her for a Sue joke: she won't disappoint.

No comments: