Thursday 29 October 2009

Travel by Numbers 17: Ghent - Berlin

Distance: seven hundred and eighty six kilometres
Duration: seven hours and fifty three minutes
Idiot drivers: one (in a Porsche)

This journey is actually part of a longer trip from Plymouth to Oslo, but as I have several homes in several European countries, I'm breaking it up into smaller bits. So this is part 2 of 3.

On this trip I was particularly shocked by the amount of people who throw rubbish out of their car windows. I though those days were over, but I knew I was wrong when I saw various wrappers, cans and plastic bottles being flung out of cars in front of me, especially in Germany. (This is not a racist comment, it is just a report of my observations).

The next thing we're going to do is the trip on the cargo boat.
For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about: 8 of us will travel from Le Havre to Martinique on a cargo ship.
When? Departure is on November 13 (it's a Friday, but I'm not superstitious), unless loading the ship goes faster than anticipated in which case we'll leave on the 12th.
How long? 10 days, if all goes well.
Why? Research for a show we will make in 2010.
Who? Alex, Kjell, Tomas, Elisabet, David, Kieran, Margit and I.

I don't know what the boat will look like, but I think it could be this one.

As we are in the middle of a non-touring period, I have a special treat for you.
During the last couple of months some of you have met Boris and Boris, but prior to that quite a few of you must have met the Ivans as well.
The Ivans posed with audience members during My Long Journey Home, and here is a collection of some of the Polaroids they made. (Unfortunately Polaroid stopped their production of cameras and film. We have some film left, but not a lot...)



No comments: