Sunday 9 August 2009

Mervyn Stutter

Yesterday we went to play at Mervyn Stutter's Pick of the Fringe. It's a lunchtime show with extracts of some of the shows at the festival.
I think we did well, although at the end we didn't get the blackout we'd asked for. As I'm on stage, we had to let the crew there do the lights, and we'd agreed that I'd give them a nod when the blackout was due.
So I sat there nodding like an idiot and nothing happened. Then Alex joined me in the nodding but still nothing happened. Then the lights started flashing. And then Alex fortunately decided that words might work better than nodding and he shouted 'Blackout'.
Other than that I think our 5 minute extract was a good one.

Afterwards we went back to the Pleasance Courtyard and started stapling things to our flyers. Reasons why people should come and see us. At the moment they're preview comments, like 'theatre that won't disappoint'. I like that quote, but it does put a bit of pressure on us: we should not disappoint. Not that we'd want to.
As of today we'll have press in, so hopefully we'll be stapling review quotes to our flyers soon.



Kjell taped his shoe together and now looks even cooler. It's all about the details...



No comments: